Waterproof battery

I got to change a battery on alarmed exit device, yesterday. It's on outdoor door, and gets wet.
The manager wants to know if I can provide a waterproof battery, so it will last longer.
I took out a Heavy Duty and put in alkaline. Sigh.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Why not Lithium ones?
On 7/15/2014 8:39 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Costs more. Not required.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/15/2014 8:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

by factor of 10 or more?
On 7/15/2014 7:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

So, I can get paid to replace the battery once every five years instead of a couple times a year? Remember, I get paid to replace the battery.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/15/2014 7:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A good worker provides great value, but in this case, I don't want to value myself out of a job. I get paid by the trip.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Does 'wetness' really discharge the battery, or was this tongue in cheek? water proof a battery?! does that include the metal connectors?! More like a 'water proof system' here. Alkaline works great, as long as no detection going on for 'low battery' indication.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Pot the batteries with RTV (silicone calk) It's will be a bitch to change them but they will be waterproof.