Water well and air

Hello. I have a 4 year old home with a well. In the last month a problem developed wherein after about 5 seconds of running a faucet or shower, the flow coughs. It stops for a second and then resumes more forcefully, suggesting air is getting in the system. This may happen once or twice, then the water flows normally. It seems worst in the morning. Any ideas?
On 16 Feb 2004 13:59:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dennis) wrote:

In many "how things work" books houses are shown with an attic water tank to supply water to the rest of the house. The tank I believe is to solve the problem described by you. My house doesn't have one because the city has a large tall water tower.
Sounds like it could be a leak in the pressure diaphragm in your tank. The tank is pressurized and has a rubber bladder

Check the bladder for the proper air pressure. We had to do that every couple of years on the farm.