Water Valve Question

OK, recently purchased and moved into previously owned home with well and house pre-filter.

Just backwashed the filter for the first time by opening the handle valve. Shut the valve, water pressure problem solved. New problem - very slow steady drip at the backwash valve.

Is there a simple solution or is it call the plumber time?

Reply to
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Depends. If it is the packing, you will want to try tightening the nut on top. If it is the valve dripping from the outlet, there may be some crap stuck in there. Open it and let it flush, then close again. If that does not fix it, a new washer is needed. Simple fix, but the water must be turned off.

What type of filter gets backwashed? Most residential filters are just replaceable elements. I don't think I want my drinking water passed through a backwash type of filter.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This kind:

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Seems simple enough if it cleans it well. I'm just not keen on the sediment being left in there for a long time and growing stuff, but it is easier than changing cartridges. Thanks.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski