Water Softner won't suck

I have a Kenmore 625.3484400 water softner that is filling the brine tank but will not suck the brine out. I checked the drain hose for kinks it seems to be fine. Cleaned the venturi and flow plug they seem to be OK also but orderd new just in case. The float rod seems to be hanging up in the up postion, is that normal or should it operate freeley? The valve assembly seems to be working OK at least it's going through the complete cycle. What am I missing??
TIA
On 17 Oct 2004 13:45:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Swilson513) wrote:

Is the suction line filter clogged in the brine tank. Has the salt caked up or solidified around the suction line filter?
Get a RainSoft system. It'll suck.
(Swilson513) wrote:

Michael Baugh wrote:

Not to mention costing you 4-5 times what it's worth.
If it wont suck, it's probably not GAY !!!
I bet YOU suck real good though.......
The Seamen Launcher