Water Softener Setting Equal, Less, or Greater than Actual GPG

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for getting back with the correct link, but I figured out the missing letter. :)
I also checked out your web site, but did not see any specifics. What part of your web site were you referring me to?
Also, the unit is still covered by an extended warranty, so there is no service cost. I forced a regen after it was worked on and checked the water the next day.
Someone will be out next week to test the water and look over the unit. The unit is obviously doing something as the water hardness for the city is 23 gpg and after the softener it is 3 gpg. That test was done without other devices pulling water at the same time.
I don't have a clue as to why it is not less than 3 gpg, unless the test performed by Sears was flawed.
Ben
Ben wrote:

IMO, extended warranties are a rip off.
The sizing chart page is: http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/softeners/sizingchart.htm