Water Softener, need to be near a drain?

I am in the midst of where to locate a water softener in my 3 car garage. What I need to know is... is the unit going to need access to a drain for the regeneration cycle?, or can I basically plumb the loop to wherever I need it in the garage. That said, if it needs drainage, its it pressurized or gravity feed? Can I just run a line to say my washer drain that is located in an adjacent room? Thanks Brandon

It is pressurized and does need a drain. I just bought a soft water system but haven't installed it as of yet. You can run to a washer drain.
--
Bob M
remove ".x" to reply

garage.
for
Pressurized enough to plumb it up through the ceiling of my garage, across about 10 feet and then down to the drain? Otherwise I can plumb straight across the wall and in.
Thanks Brandon