Water softener has quit making soft water

It's a GE GXSF39B00 that goes through all the motions, but the end result is that it has quit making soft water. It does not have a salt bridge.
There is always standing water in the brine tank, about 3/8ths of the way full. I manually cycled it and watched what it does. When I watched it, it added about 2" of water until the float valve made it stop. It never did suck up the brine water to recharge the beads. What needs to be replaced to fix this?

Clean the venturi and check that all tubing fittings are tight if you haven't. Check the drain line for any blockages or kinks. If none of that is the problem, you probably need a new disk and figure 8 gasket. I hear the cost is $100 if you go get them and replace them yourself. Then you hope you get better service free operation than you've already experienced.
If you're interested in changing the control valve to an industry standard Fleck, Autotrol, Clack etc., let me know. I have a kit including the new control valve and by pass of your choice, required tank adapter, distributor if needed and safety brine system. And if you want resin, your choice of resin. In other words you can have a new softener without the cost of one.
Gary Quality Water Associates
wrote :

I've done all that you suggested. Do you have a web site where I can contact you?

salt
the
it
What
gasket. I

Then
you
No web site yet but it's being designed. E-mail works.
Gary Quality Water Associates
wrote

A bit OT here, but can old resin be dumped in normal household garbage? It's not hazardous in any way is it (I mean other than directly ingesting it, <grin>)?
- Casey
wrote :

I've sent two emails and no answer.

end
of
made
beads.
you
of
yourself.
required
if
new
Real name Dwight? If so check your business/employer e-mail address. I've answered both and asked for more info and have heard nothing.
Gary Quality Water Associates

industry
I replied with detailed e-mail on 7/23 and replied again on 7/28 IIRC to snipped-for-privacy@SauterAssoc.com
Gary Quality Water Associates