I have a questions about house water softener. It is about 2 years
old. It stoped working a couple of months ago and we had a technician
come out and look at it. He said that the system said we use 400
gallons of water to quickly and it shut itself off (so far the water
bill hasn't shown that).
A few weeks later it still did not appear to be working so we called
them back and the technician came and test the water and it was not
right which we knew and this time said that the water had changed and
the hardness was high so he reset the system again. He told me that
our water was high in chlorine and that the chlorine might mess up the
unit at some poin t in time and we should think about a chlorine
It was still not working so he came out yesterday and looked at the
water and checked the unit, this time he asked me I remembered what he
said about the chlorine. He said there was no resin left in the unit.
That the chlorine has eaten all the resin away and that he would have
to order resin and out it in.
I don't know how to look at it so I have to assume that there is no
resin. Other people in the neighborhood have softeners without
chlorine removal systems and theirs has never had a problem and theirs
What could cause the resin to be gone? Just a defect in the unit? Or
is the chlorine story really true.....