Water Softener

I have a Rainsoft Classic Apollo system with a motor-driven two-week timer that is not regenerating reliably. I manually started a cycle and 2 1/2 hours later observed that the clock mechanism indicated that the cycle had progressed only around 30 minutes or so.
My guess is that I need to replace the Intermatic CW-190-1 24V timer motor, which I found for around $32. Can anyone tell me whether or not I'm probably on the right track?
Are service manuals available for this system?
Bob Simon wrote:

I don't own this system but I had a similar situation with a Water Boss unit and what I discovered after taking it apart was that the motor had a plastic gear and that is the one that failed and the rest were metal gears. This is done as a mechanical fuse if something is stopping the normal cycle instead of taking a chance on ruining the entire mechanism this grear shears and the rest of the assembly is spared. I took the whole thing apart and got a new motor gear and o ring kit and redid everything as I suspected something was hanging up over time and that solved it for another two years that I lived in that house.
Good luck, Rich