water soaked hardwood floor

I kept one of my plants in the hardwood floor area and forgot to place the plate at the bottom. After 2 weeks I realised my floor was soaked with water and there were black stains on the floor? Is there any remedy for it that I can do myself instead of hiring contractors? I am very inexperienced in handy work, so please give me thorough instructions to follow through. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Reply to
sonia

Removing that stain and refinishing the floor is not something a novice with no experience can do!. I also would ant to know that any contractor would know what he was doing.. Experience and knowing what and how to use is a heap big factor here. When you get the cost you might want to just cover the spot and live with it. Jack

Reply to
Jack

Try rust remover on a small spot. Doubtful anything but sanding will take it out.

Reply to
Norminn

Perhaps you can read my post about treating hardwood decks or floors , made a while back. I used Oxiclean. Try a couple teaspoons in a quart. Lighty wipe the floor and let dry. Reapply as needed. This may leave some kind of spot in this area. First try wetting just the spot and see if that works.

zek

Let me know how this worked for you.

zek

move the plant

let it dry for quite some time

sand the finish off and around it a fair bit

sand till most of the stain is gone, it won't all go away

bleach the area that is still stained

don't sand after bleaching, or you will have to do it again

Reply to
yourname

Reply to
nospambob