Water Smell

Daughter had a bathroom sink replaced with a pedestal sink. Only new components added were the two feed lines and the faucets. Started getting a strong sulfur smell coming from both the hot and cold water; never had the smell before putting in the new sink--none of the other sinks, shower, tub or other water sources in the house have this smell. Changed out the feed lines from metal to plastic--smell still there. It's a puzzle-- the only thing left that's new are the new faucets. Has anyone run across something similar to this? Any suggestions? MLD

I'm in the water well drilling business, not water treatment, but I do have a little bit of an idea.
There is a mineral present in some ground water sources that when combined with maganese (found in older hot water tanks as the heating elements usually) can cause a sulfur smell.
Now, my theory is that the new sink has a maganesse fitting of some kind in it - thereby reacting with the water coming in from your utility or well.
Again, I do drilling, treatment of minerals is another business altogether - so this is based on prior reading.

Is it just the hot water or cold, or both?

smell
across
Both--for added info, it is well water. MLD

Might be a good idea to get that water tested, not just for chemicals that are bothersome (but treatable), but for those that never belong in drinking water. Find a lab to do this, not a company that sells water treatment equipment.