Water Sits At Bottom of Dishwasher

We recently got rid of our old dishwasher because the water was not draining at the end, but sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. So we bought a new one and it's doing the same thing. What can the problem be? Thanks.
on 8/30/2007 1:27 PM Tbone said the following:

Too bad you didn't ask before you replaced the old dishwasher. They always have water in the bottom to keep the seals lubricated, so they don't dry out.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Snort!
The only time my dishwasher ever has water sitting in the bottom, is when there's a clog in the kitchen drain.
--
Regards,
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:00:49 -0400, willshak wrote:

Maybe some thing's wrong with my dishwasher because it is dry when finished?
on 8/30/2007 3:15 PM Meat Plow said the following:

Some have water above the drain cover, others don't.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Tbone wrote:

Are you able to check the drain hose for clogs?

Yeah, sounds like the OP has a clog. My bro, who installs these things, recently explained to me that dishwashers were originally (ie decades ago) installed with their own trap under floor allowing complete draining and better drying. Some still are- and it is a better setup. More expensive, obviously.