Water seeping through mortar in basement

I have poured concrete basement with two rows of cinderblock at the top. During the heavy wind driven rain the water starts to seep through the mortar where cinderblocks connect with concrete. This happens despite the fact that the level of connection is above the ground by about 2 ft (exposed area of the basement wall above ground).

From the outside the level of connection is slightly visible as a

tiniest hairline crack. The crack stays wet on the outside after the rains are gone for a couple of hours or so indicating it's more wet than the rest of the wall.

How can I waterproof or seal the mortar (or that hairline crack) from the outside so that the water does not seep through it?

What substance can I use? What color is that substance? (The house is grey there.)

Thanks!

Reply to
smanilov

you can get concrete grey waterproffing paint, it probably worth a try.

Reply to
hallerb

I thought Thompsons made a product for this case. A concret water repeller?

Not flame bait, I know many here H8 Thompson's products.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Reply to