Water pump, running correctly??

Page 2 of 2

stan wrote:

As a child we had a plain simple tank. When the pump would start short cycling we turned of the supply and drained all the water out of the tank. (I was doing it by the time I was 10.) Then with the tank full of air turned on the pump again and with the pressure of the water, the air in the tank was pressurized. The only problem is that the air in the tank starts to dissolve into the water, until most of the air is gone and it starts to short cycle again. That's the reason for the bladder, to separate the air from the water.
Add pictures here
✖
For a while. sounds like it will be a continuing issue. If you're handy, you can probably inflate the tank every couple weeks with a shot of air, and delay the repair forever.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I nursed one along for a couple years like that but it was a regular chore.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:42:45 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

BTW I did do some looking. The bladder costs about 70% of the cost of the whole thing for the ones that you can replace (a very nasty job).
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 22, 2:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yep. Definitely not worth the swearing and struggle.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
smk17 wrote:

Hmmm Your problem is more likely bladder tank, not the switch. Think logic.(IBM motto)
Add pictures here
✖