Water pump

My water pump is kicking out the circuit breaker about once a day when wife washes clothes. Motor is not hot, could it be the points or is the pump getting bad. Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Langille

If it only trips when she washes clothes and not during a shower or bath, I think I'd be looking for a wiring issue, like the pump not being on a dedicated circuit

Reply to
RBM

could be a breaker, pump or short.

Reply to
ransley

Reply to
Wayne Langille

A power bar is not intended to be used to run motors, the breaker may not be able to handle the motor load. A water pump should have it's OWN circuit and panel breaker.

Reply to
EXT

ditto. you're just asking for trouble if it's not on a dedicated circuit

Reply to
RBM