Water puddle in the refrigrator

We have a 1999 Whirlpool frost-free fridge. Of late we are noticing that water puddles inside the fridge. It puddles at the bottom of the fridge, below the crisper. Checking the water collection pan at the bottom of the fridge (above the floor) we see that no or little water is dripping there. We turned off fridge for few hours to let all ice melt and clear the blockage. But still we are facing the problem.

Inside the fridge we could see water dripping slowly from the freezer and it drips via the back wall of the fridge, to the bottom of the fridge below crisper.

What can possibly cause this. Could it be that some food particle like peas got struck inside the water-drain pipe. Can this be corrected by ourselves or do we have to call a fridge repairman.

thanks

Reply to
Triggerfish

Check the door gaskets.

Reply to
Rich

Inside the freezer in the back is a drain. Under the evaporator. If you are VERY mechanically minded, you can pull the freezer apart, and clear the drain.

However, most folks call a refrigerator guy (like me) to come over and do it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hey, they said the water was in the fridge but not in the pan in back -- so tell me, Rich. What do you think checking the gaskets will accomplish?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is Turtle.

Stormy , When you enterduce a good amount of fresh air into the refrigerator section. you will see water droplets forming on the walls [ BACK WALL ] and it will start to accumilate at the bottom of the fresh food section. I guess you knew this and just jesting with Rich.

Now there can be water or no water in the evaperator drain pan under the refrigerator at any given time so that tells you nothing as to it has water in it or not. most all refrigerator are designed to evaperate the water that hits the pan in less than 6 hours and in some cases it only takes about 30 minutes to

1 hour to dry the pan up. I guess you knew this and just Jesting with Rich again.

Stormy you need to know the people you start jesting with for they may not understand your jesting on the newsgroup.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

The refrig I've worked on, I've never seen what you describe. I was completely serious.

Any fridge that had major problems with door gaskets had plenty of water in the tray under.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is Turtle.

When you try to shoot down another service man for something that you have never seen or know about. Don't be surprised to see someone point the problem out to you in a nice way.

Stormy you say will be water in the trays in the door if there is a leak. well what if the leak is on the bottom below the trays and water does not flow up hill.

Stormy sit back and take it easy here for you got cought taking a cheap shot at another service tech and was dead wrong. Ok I know your going to pass it off as well I thought it was right and i can still be right if i just don't say anymore and let it blow over. Let me let you in on a little secret here. The tech's and posters read everything and when you take a cheap shot at a poster or service tech. They will see if you was right or but blowing a lot of hot air. This making statements and being wrong then just pass it off and think everybody did not catch on to what was sad. Stormy service techs listen to what you say more that you think. Now I will say this atleast 3 service techs have e-mailed me as to the stupid statement you make or the Wonderful Slow Stormy cheap shooting you do and it back fires on you. It just puts another nail in the house of stormy little know facts. If you just keep shooting yourself in the foot. they will just quite listening to you and you can rave on as you like for no one is listening to you anymore.

I'll bet you never admitt you was wrong here for it is just the stormy way to just drop it if you get cought not telling the truth. Your dead wrong here and I'll bet you will never admit it at all. Stormy Respectiable MEN will admit if they was wrong and other types of men just drop it when they are wrong.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE