water pressure (well system)

Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray applicator. I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on water house supply from well. I have spare pressure switch, pressure tank and electric pump. Can I rig them to external garden hose for desired effect? Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure. Frank

Reply to
Frank Thompson

Yes, provided the pump you plan on using is suitable.

Reply to
trader4

Sure - that's exactly what do it yourself car washes do. Keep in mind that unless you are drawing from a storage tank you are trading pressure for volume. That is, the higher the boost pressure, the less volume you will be pushing out the hose.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Yes but you need to run it through a check valve otherwise you will be trying to over pressure the main system every time the pump shuts off.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

If there is adequate water pressure elsewhere, then the problem is likely to be due to sediments & buildups inside the pipes to the faucet, or even the faucet/shutoffs themselves.

The answer to your question is, yes, that should work as long as you have the electricity fed from a properly rated ckt.

HTH,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne

Yes. when you hookup a gas/electric pressure washer, it is basically the same thing. Just because you increase the pressure doesn't necessarily mean you increase or decrease GPM's use. The GPM's will be regulated by the nozzle(s) you are using at the pressure you are using, along with other factors such as size of hose, length of hose and etc.

Volume (gallons available) will be dictated by the amount of GPM's your well is producing in conjuction with how much storage capacity is at hand.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

yes