Water pressure problem?

Cold water pressure at the kitchen sink and the washing machine in the laundry room is low. The other cold water faucets seem to have pretty good pressure.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to diagnose this problem.

Bill

Reply to
Bill & Debbie

Have you checked the little strainer at the tap for debris and minerals (rocks?) Twist it off (right where the water comes out) and check it for debris/junk/small rocks and put it back on and compare the pressure.

Could be the problem at the sink as well as the washing machine faucett tap.

Good luck

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

The easy answer is: check the aerator screens, but if Hot side is OK that's probably not enough. The washing machine hoses probably have screens inside them or the inlet valve on the washer has screens. See if cleaning them helps.

Could be debris in the faucet or in shutoff valve, or shutoff not fully open.

If there is any galv iron piping in the house, that would be suspect. Play detective- start checking whatever you can.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

It could be a dip tube problem too.

Reply to
HeatMan

NO IT CAN'T!

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

LOL, I hate when that happens to my cold water cooler. ;-P

--Mike

Reply to
Mike Fritz

Why not?

Reply to
HeatMan

Bill:

B&> Cold water pressure at the kitchen sink and the washing machine in the B&> laundry room is low. The other cold water faucets seem to have pretty good B&> pressure. B&> B&> Thanks in advance for any advice on how to diagnose this problem.

May we presume you have traced the plumbing? Any commonality to the kitchen sink and laundry room such as pipe and/or shutoff valve in the basement or utility cabinet?

  • Polyphony: A fake Parrot
Reply to
barry martin

Sand, rust and grit collected in the shutoff valves maybe--suggest turn the shutoffs under the sink on and off a few times and see if it gets better or worse.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT