Water pressure backup sump pump opinion

My float on my sump pump recently stuck in the off position. I caught it just in time before it flooded the basement. I bought an 8 dollar battery alarm that I had set on the floor and it started squealing and I caught the water when it was a 4 inch/circle outside of the sump bucket. I then plugged the pump directly in the outlet and it operated manually until I could buy another float switch from Menards. This is the second pump I have had where the switch stuck on me. The EPA won't allow mercury switches any more (they never wore out) and all switches now have a steel ball in them which will carbon up in time and cause a failure, I am told. The 2 questions I have are: 1. What is your opinions of the back pump that works off of your houses water pressure? My houses pressure is 45 to 55 PSI. I hear that Zoeller makes one. 2. Does Canada have them available or can I mail order/purchase a mercury switch from a supplier there? I live in Illinois.
Thanks for your opinions and help.
Base pump makes water pressuse pumps also. Maybe a good pedistal pump would be better for you. Or a commercial grade float switch. They should last .
I have a 3/4 horse Flotec pump.

They work, but. They don't do a lot of volume. How will you know to turn it on? If you know you need it, you could do as you have done in the past.
I might suggest two other ideas.
One, add an additional pump, set it up so it will not be activated during normal operation, it should only kick in if the first fails. Set your alarm so it will let you know if the second is needed.
That second pump may be a battery powered one IF you don't believe you are going to need any serious pumping when the power is out. Remember that battery power will not pump long and as often as not, when you have a power outage is when you have the greatest need for pumping a lot of water. Also remember that the battery will need to be replaced every few years like your car battery.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Zoeller and basepump are automatic , the figures for basepump are actualy good, better than some battery systems. around 900 gph at 60 lb with high flow. You set them to kick in above the high water mark of your regular pump. Basepump also has an alarm that will sound so you know you are on backup. Battery backup doesnt compare, short run time, and how many people will replace the batteries when needed. You may put in a battery system and when you need it in 5 years it could be worthless, bad batteries.