Water pressure

What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water, the other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What ranges are "normal"?
Steve
--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

16 - 85 psi

Why didn't you just CYA and say 0-1,000?

Because, 16 - 85 psi is what I meant!

Why don't you just ask your water utililty - who might actually know - instead of asking a bunch of strangers who don't even know what continent you live on let along anything else?

If I started doing that, the group, as we know it would die. It's SOP.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Joe wrote:

What about 30?
The irrigation line may run higher than the potable depending on the source(s) and where you test (inside/outside house)...
I think that most folks would agree that about 40-50 lb psi is good for a residential home.
For people that have a well, and a water pressure switch that has to be set for "high" and "low" settings, the typical range would be a low of 20 and high of 60 psi.
James

And it definitely ranges with the time of day. We're at the end of the line, so when everyone else has their water on, we've got the last tit. Just wanted to get some ideas, as I have a couple of Maxi-Paws that I can't get to work, and I was wondering if someone ran a too small line to them or water was just low when everyone has their water turned on.
Steve