Water popping in faucet with a well

Hello All- Wondering if anyone who is well savy might have an idea why all of a sudden the water coming out of the faucet is making noise like there is air in the lines. They well is older but has been working just fine, there is a pressure tank that has 50 lbs pressure of air when I checked. Of course there was water pressure. I guess I should cut the pumps switch drain the pressure for the water and measure the tank again, or is there an issue the underground pump.
I understand that I have not provided a great deal of information, but that is allI have so any help - recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
TIA
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:08:38 -0700, Hank wrote:

water reservoir inside your pressure tank to get into you lines. I've had a well since 1970 and have had three pressure tanks, the latter 2 with a bladder. Even though #2's bladder broke it didn't make air in the lines since the outlet is on the bottom of the tank. Does your pump seem to cycle quick when you run water? I really don't know where else you could get air into your lines unless it's finely mixed with the water in the pressure tank.
Meat Plow wrote:

The other possibility would be pump cavitation or similar -- the other poster's questions on well type and all are spot on for at least some other input/insight...
But, may be time for a pro to evaluate as I don't have another answer, either. Air ingress requires a suction from somewhere against the system pressure which isn't real easy to come by...
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:13:36 -0500, dpb wrote:

If his pump is in his well room he could be sucking air somewhere above the water level in the casing.
Meat Plow wrote:

That's where the other questions answers could be of use, obviously...

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:52:54 -0500, dpb wrote:

Worked in the oil field here in Ohio where Clinton wells are 5200 feet deep. Seen all sorts of things happen with a mile of upshot tubing, downhole pumps and rods some you wouldn't believe. Yeh there are much deeper wells but that's life.
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:10:28 -0400, Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater wrote:

Sorry about the sock puppet.
What type of well and what type of pump?

If the faucet is making a Knocking/water hammer/gunshot noise, does not start immediately, or is suddenly stopping mid flow, and you have a spray head off to the side of the faucet it could be the diverter that is failing. It can open/close quickly, letting the water pressure 'slam' and knock
garmo
Hank wrote:

Well after thinking I found the issue by replacing the pressure tank but next day same stuff - air in the lines popping so we called the well folks out and the pump was the other part of the problem, the pressure tank leaked causing short cycling causing the old pump to finally get real bad.
Thanks all for the advise!