Water pipe heat tape

How many separate tanks do you have?

If you can find someone who's good with hot water heat (hydrionic systems) there is a good chance you can rig some thing using separate thermostats and separate zone valves. I'm thinking of a water heater set way down low, and some kind of cirulating pump. The pump will feed in warm water if the individual tank gets too cold. Much like heating a house with zones, when individual room gets too cold.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But, dear, you NEVER tell me ANYTHING!

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you have room for more tanks? I'm thinking of a thousand gallon livestock tank. Insulate it as much as practical. Heat it with all the solar tricks, then slowly release the water into your system as needed. Some examples here

I don't know a thing about this particular company. I just picked one after a search.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

As my old college prof said, they are 100% because there is no heat lost up the chimney. That said, electric is epensive in most areas.

The propane heater and circulating pumps will cost more to set up, but should save money later in terms of operating costs.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you think the water would hold temps better if the pumps were turned off at night? The bubblers have to stay on to oxygenate the water, though.

Reply to
Muggles

Right now we have one 900 gallon tank for big adult fish, a 250 gallon tank for juveniles, and a 100 gallon tank for babies.

hmmm That sound interesting. When we get the green house finished we're going to leave the big 900 gallon tank outside (emptied) and put in 200 gallon tanks in 2 rows of 4 each, I think. The grow beds will bed above the tanks.

Reply to
Muggles

Those are similar to a couple of the tanks we have now. We're insulating the green house pretty heavily, so we haven't gotten to the part where we move everything in doors, yet. The clocks ticking tho.

Reply to
Muggles