Water oftener , which one?

Hi, Our 16 YO Kenmore softener looks like getting tired. 3rd time I had to install main valve seal kit, rotor disc, and venturi valve kit. Expecting a replacement next, any suggestions/comments? Our water hardness is 15 to 20 depending what time of the year. 3 in the family. Fleck? Clack? Autotrol? I don'r want Kenmore again. TIA.

I bought a softener from Gary Slusser, who used to post here. Unfortunately he retired, when Clack quit allowing internet sales. You probably can find some very useful information on his forums, & on his charts, which are still up. I'm very happy with the Clack valve & softener unit. http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/softeners /