Water lines

Our water drain pipes are inside the slab under our house. We have a leak in the line that comes from the washing machine. We have a big problem with tree roots and water lines. I know that a root has come up and cracked the cast iron pipe. We have a big crack in the concrete at the spot where the leak is coming from. How do you repair lines under the slab? Maggie

Reply to
Mag

Call the pros. They will remove part of the slab, make the repair and replace the slab. BTW it is more likely the pipe had a leak and the root found it than the root making the leak. The roots head for the water and leaking pipes are sources of water.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Tree roots have a natural affinity to water. Just imagine those tree roots sensed a leaky water line. Yum... Especialy sewer lines. They just can wait to wrap around the pipe and suck every drop.

Break the concrete slab. Dig it up and repair. I wish there are other ways to do it but am afraid there is none.

Yaofeng

Reply to
Yaofeng

Reply to