Water Line to Frigidaire...

Fridge is about six years old, and new to us (came with the home purchase). There is plastic line on a self-piercing connector at the main water line. There is a filter inside the fridge and there was an additional filter on the water line for the fridge. When we first moved, the ice maker was doing okay making slightly hollow ice cubes, but the water faucet on the door was very low pressure. Didn't want to spend $30 for the filter cartridge inside the fridge, and previous owner had left a new cartridge for the second filter, so we changed the second filter. I think that same day I defrosted the fridge completely (might have def. sooner, don't recall). Sooooooooooo, now the icemaker has quit. We removed the filter on the water line and replaced the filter inside the fridge. Water flows better on the door, but not making ice....it seems to try to make ice but doesn't finish. Can't see into ice tray to see if it fills, so will probably defrost again and see what happens. Since the pressure of water flowing out of the faucet outside the door is better, seems the icemaker should be filling okay.

Does plastic line clog more easily than copper? Anyone still use copper (we installed our own copper line on a fridge years and years ago, and never had a problem). We have well, very nice soft water, but are completely stumped...moving the fridge out won't be easy, but doable.

Reply to
Norminn

Best bet is your comment, " I think that same day I defrosted the fridge completely (might have def. sooner, don't recall). Sooooooooooo, now the icemaker has quit."

When you defrosted, some water got into the ice maker supply line; when you started the fridge again that water froze so no watergets to the ice maker. Defrost again, assure no water in line, start up and all will probably be OK. Been there, done that.

Reply to
dadiOH

The ice maker has to get down to some temperature before it will make ice. You might just need to wait another 24 hours before it will start to make ice.

Other writer suggests maybe water clogging a line, which is also possible.

.

Does plastic line clog more easily than copper? Anyone still use copper (we installed our own copper line on a fridge years and years ago, and never had a problem). We have well, very nice soft water, but are completely stumped...moving the fridge out won't be easy, but doable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The first thing I would try is to fill the tray with water and see if it makes a load of ice. If that works swap the wires in back from the door water solenoid valve to the icemaker water solenoid. Hit the door switch and see if there is water in the ice maker. If all that works swap the wires back and try the ice maker water adjustment

If no water, suspect a frozen water line

Reply to
gfretwell

Thanks to those who have exerted brain power to help me out, but I think we are working. Sat down and read the owner's manual (thought I had covered the topic completely) and there are instructions for first use after installing the fridge/ice maker :o) Says to run the water dispenser in the door for 3 minutes, continuously, to fill the reservoir in the fridge. Did that about an hour ago, and the icemaker just dumped a nice little load of cubes. The cubes aren't really cubes, more round, but they seem to be filling better than before. Dang filters cost $30!

Reply to
Norminn