water line

I am connecting to the main water service with a 1 inch pvc line.The run is about 300 feet from my soon to be installed meter to the house.The rise is about 40 feet . Will a 1 inch feed be large enough. The system I am connecting to is a private community well.Their line is 1 1/2 inch. I do not know the pressure at my meter yet I am the lowest lot from the well. Thanks for all input and suggestions.
--
Gary

Gary and Karla wrote:

Not enuf to go by, but I would expect a 1" branch from only a 1.5" Main to have plenty of flow capacity ( all you're going to be able to get). Whatever the pressure at the Main is, you will lose 20 PSI static due to the rise. If customers even higher up are satisfied, no reason you won't be.
Jim

Yup...not enough info........
If he can get flow rate and pressure data at the supply end of the run, he could use a calculator such as :
< http://www.efunda.com/formulae/fluids/calc_pipe_friction.cfm
--
SVL

Water won't flow up hill.

I hope that was meant as a joke. On the off chance it was serious I will point out that water systems work under pressure and thus water does flow up hill.
Harry K
I really have no idea, but that won't stop me from answering.
My well is about 30' below my house, and about 200' away. It connects to the house with 3/4" copper. No problems, even after passing through two filters. So, I would expect 1" is fine.
Thanks for all the help.I forgot to say that my house is below the well head by about 50 feet.