Water leak at inside valve

OK I also have the tiny leak under the bleeder screw but it also looks like under the handle area that you turn there is a little water leak. I assume no way to fix except whole new valve?
<< it also looks likeunder the handle area that you turn there is a little water leak. >>
This would likely be valve stem leakage. Tighten down the nut under the handle a little bit at a time until it stops. HTH
Joe

tighten. Is it reasonable to repack the valves, or should I just replace the valve.
Toller wrote:

Easy to repack. You can buy "string type" repacking material at most hardware/plumbing shops. Just wrap a few turns around the valve stem and slide the gland nut down over it.
I don't know what it's made of, but it feels sort of waxy. Maybe it's just wax impregnated cord.
Jeff
--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Grendel wrote:

See if there's a packing gland nut under that handle. (It likely looks like a 5/8" or 3/4" hex nut.) If there is, try tightening it a little, but not so much that you can't turn the handle.
As for the leak under the bleeder "screw" (More likely it's a "cap".) as may have been pointed out on this newsgroup, these usually have a small rubber disk inside them, similar to the disks in most jar lids. If it's missing, cut or punch a replacement from rubber (or almost any soft plastic material and stick it inside the cap.
Good Luck,
Jeff
--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Thanks guys. I found a replacement bleeder screws that were slightly smaller than mine. The rubber gaskets I slightly modified and used. Also I tightened both of the nuts down a little. So far no leaks.