Water is too soft

If I leave the bypass valve to my softener in a slightly in a slightly open position will this allow me to moderate the softness of the water? I have a Fleck 5600 SXT 32000 metered cabinet unit which was recently installed.

No, that is not the purpose of that valve(s). Read the manual for the softener and, I'm just guessing, it will tell you how to adjust the softness output from the softener. In other words... RTFB.

Why would you think that's a better idea than adjusting the softness to the proper level?
RTFM.
Steve Mavroudis posted for all of us...

How can soft water be too soft? Please explain... There used to be a guy named Gary Slusser who was the softener guru.
I suppose some kind of metering valve could be kludged in.
--
Tekkie

My face cloth would get slimy from bar soap pretty quickly on my ship when I was in the Navy. We used triple effect evaporators to make fresh water. Had to rinse the cloth in salt water to get the slime out.
On 9/1/2016 2:14 PM, Steve Mavroudis wrote:

Just for the fun of it I'll pick a nit.
The water is not too soft. It is not hard enough. Water is either soft on not. There are, however, degrees of hardness.
You can take hard water and remove some of the minerals that make it hard. Once you remove enough to make it soft, you can't make it softer.