Water in the basement

Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle. 50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it still comes in. Rerouted downspouts, lots of soil to keep the water away from the house, etc. A local company I called, has a different idea the they say, will stop this forever. It called WaterGuard, a perimeter type indoor system that goes inside the the basement. Cement floor is cut and a special trough is installed, and routed to a sump pump.
Any body every heard of it or have it installed. The company that does this, has a very good reputation for doing good work. Thanks, Andy

There is more than one way to fix a leaking basement. Contractors seem to all have their preferred method. But before I could make a judgement I would want to know exactly how or where the water is getting into the basement.
Does it come in everywhere, fixing the area it leaks is best
Andy & Carol wrote:

Well they are not really fixing the leak, they are just giving the water somewhere to go.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

yeah i've heard of another brand, called the "beaver system". it works, as long as you don't mind having a trough around the perimeter of your basement. of course, finishing a basement like this is out of the questionl.
Outside, the is a large concrete patio, and a large deck, nice landscaping, and all that...this area has been dry. As we had a lot of rain in the last 3 years, our soil became very wet, thus we now have the problem.
After the trough is installed all is covered up, and the carpet can then be re installed.
Thanks Andy
P.S, My wife and I are retired, and so we will be moving.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 02:25:32 GMT, "Andy & Carol"

Every situation is different and a careful analysis will tell you which method is best. You have already done the important things. UGL is a rubber-type cement paint that may stop some leaks. Water tiles on the outside of the foundation works very well, but it is expensive due to the digging involved.
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 02:25:32 GMT, "Andy & Carol"

WHERE do you get a trickle? In through a crack? Up through the floor? Down the wall from the top?
Goedjn wrote:

Also, have you been outside to take a look at what's going on during a heavy downpour? Where you think the water is going based on looking at it and what is actually happening during a heavy rain can be too different things.
Had that done here the trough is cemented over and I caulked the plastic that goes a bit up the wall.
Works great ideally it drains by pipe to somewhere else by gravity. Pumps are fine but often quit working due to power loss in storm.