Water in New Construction Home

Sorry if this isn't the right group, and please feel free to redirect me, but...
We're having a house built. It's under roof (including shingles), but the siding has not been installed yet. Today I noticed that the upstairs windows were left open, but didn't think much about it. Tonight it started pouring rain, so I drove over to close the windows. What I found scared me. There was water everywhere. Puddles all over the place. It was coming in via a hole in the roof where PVC has been stuck through... I assume that's for a vent that hasn't been finished? But it was also running down walls, i.e. the interior of the sheathing, or whatever the stuff is called. The one place it was not coming in was the open windows... I guess the rain was vertical enough. Would all this water be expected since the siding is not up, or is there a problem here? I plan to talk with the builder first thing in the morning, but would really appreciate opinions from neutral parties. TIA.
---Mick

Water in a house is no problem until the insulation goes in and the walls are closed up. Generally you might want to sweep any puddling water off plywood sub-flooring. Most of the wood (except plywood) used to build a house was sitting outside, exposed to the elements for weeks.

This is Turtle.
If it is on a slab and no sheet rock or paneling up or insulation in the walls. The rain will not hurt a thing. Now if you wet insulation, your suppose to change it. If you have a sheet rock or panneling up, You have problem by wetting it.
TURTLE
Thanks guys. I understand that the water is not hurting anything at this stage. But should it be getting in at all? That's what I'm worried about. I mean, how is it getting inside the sheathing? Is it because the siding is not up yet? TIA.

started
me.
was

me,
the
in
that's
walls,
The
not
about.
is
Probably, yes.....
--

SVL

regardless of the actual cause, its getting in because its under construction. if it leaks when they're done thats another story. you're just freaking out cause you're getting a new house <lucky bastard!>
randy

me,
the
in
that's
walls,
The
not
Mick wrote:

Sure, when you leave the windows open.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Normal until the building is fully enclosed. As long as it dries before the walls are closed, it's no big deal.
Jeff
Mick wrote:

no problem, with rain it has to go someplace.. and being as there was no finished walls or ceilings yet the house is like an open box(the only exception is that it has a roof on it... what do you think happened when it rained and there was no roof on it.. the same thing...... and you still dont have any finished items in the house(correct)????
You're right. No finished items yet. I was just surprised that it could get so wet when there's a roof on it. I certainly hope that once it's finished I don't have water still coming in but being trapped inside walls and ceilings!