Water in my gas tank

I filled up with gas on monday, and every since monday (today is wednesday) my car is sluggish and I cant accellerate.... I think I have water in my gas tank.. HELP WHAT CAN I DO... Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com thanks
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in thanks
Please get your lazy ass back here to check for replies. If you don't have time, then it's not that important.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in thanks

Or Dry Gas which has isopropyl alcohol.
http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1b/bl143b.htm http://www.shorechemical.com/Section%201%20Tech%20Sheets/dry_gas.htm
Of course, how much you got soaked depends on what it can do for you. It's usually meant to homogenize the normal amount of water that condensates in the tank. If you have an unusually high amount, it may not do squat.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

since oil is lighter than water, all the water will sink to the bottom of your gas tank
just find the lowest spot on your gas tank and drill a few small holes... this will drain all the water off.
if you don't have a drill.. get a hammer and a big steel nail.. just hit it real good it will finally pop through... make about 6 holes..
problem solved
to plug the holes up.. just stick the nails back in the holes.. they will hold

Yeah, my troll sensors were tingling, too, though perhaps we are being too cynical. I was going to suggest to him a couple bottles of drygas; car won't seem sluggish after you drink those.

Thats a great idea, but I have an easier solution. Drive the car as fast as it will go. When you see a deep ditch next to the road, suddenly turn the wheel toward that ditch. With any luck the car will roll over onto its roof. All gas will drain out after a few hours, or sooner if you remove the gas cap. Then call a wrecker to put the car back on it's tires and refill the tank with fresh gas. Problem solved.
snipped-for-privacy@ISP.com wrote:

That's CRAZY that's going to put skid marks on the roof!
couldn't he just run it up a tree? you'd get the same dumping effect
or tie a brick to the gas peddle and send it down through his x's trailer park cause she's the one that pee'd in his tank
by mere virtue of the fact that she "COULD" stand flat footed and pee in his tank, is the same reason he left her.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Why do you think you have water? My experience is that water is more likely to stall the engine than make it run rough.
More likely just the gas is old or maybe something happened to the car. If you live in an area that has oxygenated fuel the ethanol will pick up water.
Rich256 wrote:

One step in a pre-flight inspection of an airplane is to check all the "quick drains" for water. This is done by taking a small sample in to a plastic cylinder with a rounded bottom, something like a test tube. The water will form a drop in the bottom. Samples need to be taken until there is no water present. The water gets in mostly due to condensation in partially filled tanks, but sometimes the gas caps let a little rain in.
All pilots are taught to react to a rough engine by applying carburetor heat. Expect the roughness to get worse because ice melting is getting into the gas flow. Hopefully the roughness will go away after a few minutes(!).
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Perhaps you can get someone from the ng to come over & do the work for you as well.
cheers Bob
Try a commerical water from gasoline remover (auto parts store).
If that doestn't work siphon the gas out & examine if for water contamination.
If no water present you can reuse it with water remover. IF water present & you don't want to return the gas to station for disposal you could use it up slowly with subsequent fill ups
Fill up again & use more water remover.
The cost of the water remover might justify not using the bad gas.
Have you tried replacing the fuel filter? Tom snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

tom wrote:

That is probably the best suggestion yet. Dirt and not water being the most likely problem.