Water in garage

I have a garage that is on a slab. Yesterday (for the first time in 27 years we have lived there) there was water on the floor about half way down. The puddle indicated that it came in at ground level and there appeared to be no discoloration on the wall so I would assume it is coming in where the slab and the wall meets? Any suggestions on the possible cause and possible corrections?
but what they conceal is vital.?
On 5/11/2015 12:57 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Are you in an area that has had more than the usual rain? Especially if the ground is still frozen and the water cannot seep through yet. Did your neighbor do anything to a small stream nearby?
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 1:59:58 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Any chance it's AC condensate from a car?

We've gotten a lot of rain, but we have gotten a lot worse over the years. Nothing like a small stream nearby and he hasn't done anything like rework his downspouts to change their flow. I will do a lousy job of explaining, but here goes. There are what appears to some very short cement blocks along the outside. There is a spot that looks like it close to the problem on the inside that looks darker like maybe it is wet.
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 3:41:14 PM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:

What's the outside of the garage made of? Any knot holes, gaps, anything look not right where water could get in? Have you inspected the roof area above?
In wrote:

Any chance that you could post a couple of photos using something like http://tinypic.com/?
Depending on what you have there, maybe the water is coming through the wall from the outside, and maybe you could parge that wall to fix the problem. (?)

Why not under the garage door? That's where it came in our garage.

This is WAY away from the garage door and there is no wetness between the door and the spot and (or puddle if you prefer) definitely leads back to the wall.

but what they conceal is vital."

Anyhow, if it's only once in 27 years, don't worry about it.

Getting ready to sell the place and I don't want problems with the inspection
but what they conceal is vital."

Wouldn't the inspector have to hang out there for 27 years to be likely to see the wet floor?

Perhaps, but you never know. It could be 27 years or it could be tomorrow and again next week. Depends if something has changed, been damaged, or been rerouted

True. I'm probably biased by my own experience. Once in 32 years it has rained so much the sump overflowed even while the sump pump was going full blast and putting out a large flow of water. It didn't actually seem like it had ranged that much, but it was 7 years ago and hasn't happened since. (I should have bought a sump pump one size bigger than I did.)

Not if it rained that day and/or more rains come and there begins to be discoloration, etc., of the walls.
but what they conceal is vital."
Could it possibly have come off a vehicle brought in from outside the garage while it was raining??