water holding tank

We have a new house that has a holding tank under it (see http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId0669-48324-LPT-52&lpage=none). The line comes strait from the well into a pressure switch then into this tank from a T joint. Currently their doesn't appear to be any water at all in this holding tank. How much should be there and what do we need to do to make it fill some? Should we let some air out of the tank?
--
My hourly rates:
$35 per hour.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId0669-48324-LPT-52&lpage=none).

How do you know there is no water in the tank? The purpose of the tank is to hold some water under pressure so the pump does not cycle every time you turn of a faucet. The tank fills against a bladder when pumping, the pressure then forces the water out when it is called for. If you let air out, you will reduce the operating pressure of the system.
What problems are you having? That will determine the cure needed.
No problems. Just the tank can me moved literally with your pinky. And knocking on the tank also sounds as though their is no water. Sadly we have a low yield well so we need all the help we can get with water. I was under the impression this tank should fill at least halfway up until the air bladder causes enough pressure to turn the switch back off. Then when we used water it comes from the holding tank and saves wear and tear on the pump.

The tank should have an air check valve that looks like a care tire valve stem (Actually smae thing)
The tank is usually charged with air pressure equal to or slightly less than the "turn-on pressure" (also known as the "cut-in pressure") of the pump. If the pump turn-on pressure is 40 PSI, then the tank air pressure should be 38 PSI.
Could be that the air pressure is way higher than should be never letting any or not very much water inter the tank, Should not be completely full of water either as need to have a reserve air space in the tank.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId0669-48324-L PT-52&lpage=none).
this
is
the