Water heaters

news:d11e2$46e36a39$9440c41e$ snipped-for-privacy@STARBAND.NET:

No problem, asshole.

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote in news:6588c$46e38680$9440c41e$30075 @STARBAND.NET:

Nice way to sign your posts. That name really fits you.

Reply to
Clark

I already knew that!

Reply to
<kjpro

Thanks to all who replied. Opted to replace the failing heater with a similar unit. Looking at the tankless variety I could not see where the higher initial costs would be offset by efficiency&#39;s in any reasonable time.

Reply to
Jim

Maybe so; maybe no.

If someone is home most of the time and hot water is used duirng much of the time or you routinely shut down the water heater when you intend to be gone for a day then at present prices (including installation -- the demand water heaters require 2 to 4 times the peak power of "conventional" heaters) they are hard to justify.

The conventional heaters are just about dirt simple and use decades old technolocy. The demand heaters have electronics which might be damaged by power surges, etc.

Reply to
John Gilmer

newer tanks have low standby loses, and heat lost too interior heated spaces really isnt lost in the winter, since it helps heat your home. although in the summer it can add to AC loads a little.

Reply to
hallerb

wrote in news:86ab1$46e38cd6$9440c41e$19210 @STARBAND.NET:

Of course you knew that, you just hadn&#39;t admitted it in public. Now that you&#39;re out of the closet all other posters will be warned of your anti- social nature.

Just keep on dancing monkey boi. I post and you dance. Everytime.

Reply to
Clark

Most competent people know that I&#39;m a genius. I normally don&#39;t sign my posts. However, sometimes, I can&#39;t help but to give you a clue.

Posted by: The Genius

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote in news:2b27$46e4b4dd$9440c41e$22587 @STARBAND.NET:

Way to go. Now that&#39;s what I call embracing your reality.

Reply to
Clark

Clark has sent me an e-mail asking me to tell everyone I know that he&#39;s completely ignorant.

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote in news:10224$46e4c891$9440c41e$14343 @STARBAND.NET:

LOL. Maybe when you sober up you&#39;ll come back and read your own post. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. It never fails.

Reply to
Clark

wrote in news:e3605$46e6cd5a$9440c41e$23921 @STARBAND.NET:

LOL. Maybe when you sober up you&#39;ll come back and read your own post. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. It never fails.

Reply to
Clark

A tankless an cost more to operate:( its very simple.:(

take a teenager add never ending hot water, water use and heating fuel along with sewer can increase in that intersting combo.

Some gas tankless require electricity for control and venting. A power failure means no hot water at all

Reply to
hallerb

wrote in news:7ec3c$46e76942$9440c41e$ snipped-for-privacy@STARBAND.NET:

I know you are but what am I?

Maybe when you sober up you&#39;ll come back and read your own post. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. It never fails.

Reply to
Clark

I know you are but what am I?