water heater power vent cylcles on / off

I have a 48 gal gas hot water heater that is power vented. It has a problem and that the power vent blower cycles on and off after the water heater has gotten done heating up water, like after a shower.
I am not sure where to start looking for the problem is there a common part that needs to be replaced?
It is made by US Water Heater OF Philadephia and is about 20 years old. It seems to be in good shape other than the problem. The model number for the water heater is M-II-RTW50S5CN-8
thanks in advance,
al
20 years old? I'd stop worrying about the fan and start shopping for a new water heater, unless you have nothing to lose should it leak out.