Water heater leak aftermath

Page 2 of 2
I would of tried to get a BIG discount after reminding the current owner the flood HAS to be disclosed to all future shoppers.
but I enjoy home repair, my wife doesnt like it at all....

It is a 10 year old house. The other things the inspector noted, include raised shingle on end of the house. There was a valley where a couple of gables (is that the right term) come together and the gutter stopped at one side of the valley so water dripped off of the roof, down the siding and onto the ground (this was the way the house was originally built), rust flakes noted in the water heater chamber (which wasn't turned on for obvious reasons being in a pond. One thing we will definitely have the person look at on the reinspection), A/C not checked because too cold, there was some deterioration of the insulation, track doors in the front had "not been cut well", carpets are newer but needed to be stretched, someone had put paint down the garbage disposal and stopped up the drain (which was noted and will be replaced, noted before we went in), the aerators for most of the sinks were gone or stopped up (a function of city water). We insisted on fixing the valley, the garbage disposal and the drain and the door right off.
In PA the disclosure statement is very complete and very binding. A nearby neighbor didnt note they had a occasional sewer problem.no biggie every year or two
When it backed up for the new owner, they had a plumber in who happened to know the first plumber:( needed terracota line replaced
The OLD owner because they didnt note the problem ended up paying for a entire new sewre line and driveway replacement.plus yard restoration Irecently heard the entire mess cost them about 15 grand plus lawyer fees, or perhapos that included lawyer fees.the nearby neighbor didnt know for sure but had spoken with the old owner at a mall. she had to take out a loan to pay the new owner
YUP!!!

mold info at: http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm
also look at ebay and search for "snake camera" or endoscope or sewer camera.