water heater leak!

Does anyone know what and why the heck this happened to the water heater?
We where gone for four days and came back to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_4Ey0Pu2g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

Are you asking why it's leaking?
Things wear out. How old is the heater?
If it's more than 10 years old, I wouldn't worry about why, just get it replaced.
--
Dan Espen

Sure, it is old and corroded. Time for a new one. They last from 10 to 20 years depending on a lot of factors.