Water Heater: Is self-cleaning ok? Install cost?

Ah. Gas explains the cost of the tank I guess. When we replaced our leaking NG unit we opted for an electric since we could get one so inexpensively and use it rarely.

I'd still be tempted to try it myself. The plumbing is already in place, and with a liberal coat of thread sealant the chances of a leak at the connector are small. NG has the advantage that if it does leak, you can easily smell it. Perhaps simpler than an electric, although it's easy for me to say since I haven't done one. Good luck.

Reply to
Mamba

Why not ask your neighbors, friends, family, co-workers, church members, etc.. Who they use and if they are happy with their work.

Picking a number from the yellow pages is like picking out an apple with your eyes closed!!

Reply to
<kjpro

Hehe, who offered the golf outing last week? :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

$975 is probably cheap for your area... just priced one out that was just over a grand. Are you concerned whether the flu gases are venting properly to the outdoors? Remember, any fuel burning appliance creates CO. It can and will kill you under the right conditions.

Reply to
<kjpro