Water heater expansion tank conundrum

Page 3 of 3

Do the water heaters operate independently of each other? I'd probably install two expansion tanks if so. You'd still be ok if you had to remove or shut off one for some reason temporarily.

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 7:58:09 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:

He just needs one expansion tank anywhere on the cold water piping system after the pressure regulator. Why would he need two?

I was just trying to imagine a worst case scenario although nothing comes to mind right now. The old Saturday night thing with a blizzard on the way and plumbers all snuggled in their beds.

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 10:24:56 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"

system. You install an expansion tank at the water inlet into the building - right after the pressure regulator - consider the pressure regulator to be your water "source" - ie. the "pump"
On 11/20/2015 4:48 PM, Walter E. wrote:

I don't think it matters, one large one or two small ones. I'd probably opt for two small ones.