Water heater elements

Page 2 of 2

TURTLE wrote:

a hot water tank on a generator. You must

The full load was already taken into account. It was my electrician who suggested down-sizing the elements. Your other comments are appreciated.

run
This is Turtle.
The higher watt elements are for speed and nothing else. If your happy with a slower speed, go for it.
TURTLE
I just ran my 7500 -13500 w gen for 2.5 hr on 1/2 gal of gas I was pulling 300 - 1200 w. Load is what determines fuel usage. At that rate , which was normal heat on- off and lights etc I could go for 40 hrs easy on 8 gal gas. Run a gen no load or it will go for days, full load 4-6 hrs
I would just get a small lp-gas water heater about 20gal and set it up with a small 20lb lp-gas tank. You could go quite a while withought having to fill the tank. We used a 20lb tank for our cooking and water heating for a couple weeks one time with a 50gal water heater.