Water heater drain connection

I'm installing an undersink 4.5 gal. water heater and need a good way to connect the 3/4" pressure relief valve to a 1-1/4" drain line. The only fittings I've found that come close to this is a dishwasher connection for 1-1/2" pipe. This would require re-plumbing the sink with pop-up stopper for 1-1/2" pipe.
Other possibilities would be to run it through a brick wall or just drain it into a container.
Any ideas? Do I need an air gap?
Thanks pb
Pat wrote:

You could ask the local inspector, but I don't think discharging the superheated water/steam into the basin drain will fly.
I would rather see it dischg to the outside. Bring the pipe to 6" to 24" above ground level and aimed down.
Jim
Air gap definitely required to avoid possible cross-connection.
-- Best Regards, Dennis J Sunday Home Inspection Systems Www.homeinspectionsystems.com