water heater cutting out

I have a water heater with an electric igniter, and an exhaust with a blower. Lately, I've been having a problem. The Burner doesn't turn on to heat water, and the exhaust fan keeps running continuously. All I have to do to get it working again is power cycle the water heater and it fires up fine and runs for a couple of days. Then all of a sudden, no hot water and exhaust fan running again. Does anyone have any pointers to which component may be faulty.
Thanks for any help.
-Sam
On 22 May 2006 08:59:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@3rddim.com wrote:

It sounds as though it is locking out. There are a few things that could cause this but usually it is a dirty flame sensor. It would be best to call a local company to check it out.