water heat - oil versus electric

also ask them if they offer off peak or time of day metering...
you can save a LOT of money on electricity that way..
Mark
Add pictures here
✖

Whats buggy, if it isnt starting to leak what is the issue that isnt cheaper to fix than buying a new unit. 10 yrs isnt very old
Add pictures here
✖
Have you explored the propane option? That price you were quoted is just rediculous. As for electric, it's just a matter of setting it there and hooking up a wire. You'll need a spare 30A spot in your panel to run it.

✖
I'd suggest to have the oil fired boiler put in. You can always use plug in space heaters if the electricity is cheaper.
Oil, if memory serves, about 140,000 BTU per galon. A 1500 watt space heater puts out 5200 BTU for that 1500 watts. Hope that gives you some numbers to work with.
What's the rate for KWH where you are? Price of a galon of home heat oil?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Off the top of my head, I think we're at .16 per kwh. I just checked my oil distributors website, and they're listing at:
DAILY OIL PRICE = $4.199/gal
Add pictures here
✖