Water got into formica countertop bevel seam.

We got a couple of custom formica countertops made about three years ago, but they've only been in use two years. They have a bevel on the front edge. So the beveled part is made up of a piece of formica maybe 3/8" wide.
At one edge, near the sink naturally, the seam has widened. Presumably water got into the seam and swelled the plywood underneath. Is there any way to undo the damage, i.e. UN-swell it? Failing that, can I "seal" it somehow so it doesn't get worse? It's not that noticeable yet, so if I could seal it and color in the slight split to nearly match the formica I think it might be OK.
Ideas?
Greg Guarino

I'd use a colored stain or paint to give it the color and they coat it with a marine or spar urethane to seal it. Perhaps there is an epoxy sealer that would work better.

you won't "unswell" the wood, and itis actually quite common for a fabricated top(custom edging) to "separate" a bit ...(they are affected by humidity)....either go to the shop that fabricated the top or find your local "laminate and plastics" supply house and buy some "seamfill"...it is colored paste type material that dries like plastic...it is what laminate manufacturers reccommend for sealing seams....