Water glasses--Milky film

Just moved and have noticed that new glasses have a milky film after being run through dishwasher. I'm using Cascade Complete liquid. I added a Jet Dry "hanging basket" and Glass Magic (double strenth). No improvement.
Does anybody have a solution?
Thanks
Dave Combs wrote:

Soft water + regular dishwasher detergent = etched glasses. It's not a film and it can't be cleaned / fixed. Do a do a little searching on he dishwasher manufacturers site and / or the detergent manufacturers site and you should find some recommendations.
Pete C.

Water softener. Jet Dry helps, but you already have a buildup. Possibly some CLR will help with that. Get your water tested and you will probably find it is very hard.
Dave Combs wrote:

Throw a cup of white vinegar in the bottom before you run it, works like magic.
Dave Combs wrote:

The milky appearance is either deposits from hard water, which might be removed with vinagar or CLR (or similar) or its etched due to the corrosive action of the detergants.
Etching usually is a sign of too harsh , too concentrated cleaners for a reasonable period of time.
The etching is permanent , a wet glass should look good, but turns whiteish when it dries.
Try the vinagar / clr to clean them. Your dishwasher maker may have a customer support line which could assist you.
Post from appliance repair tech several years ago commented about risk when using different brands of detergent and glass cleaner. Reactions might not be what you want. Suggested using same manufacturer for both.

Vinegar test.
Soak a glass in 1/2 inch deep pan of regular vinegar for 20 minutes.
Wipe it clean and polish it with a soft dry cloth for 30 seconds.
Observe.
If you have cleaned away the milky film, then it was a buildup. If not, then you have ruined glasses. Toss them.
Well I tried the vinegar and it is helping. We have really hard water and if a sprinkler gets your car and you don't wipe it off, it leaves little calcium circles.
Thanks to all!
Have a good week.
Dave