Water from AC runoff

Page 2 of 2
On May 7, 4:54am, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

Did a gas company ever say it's ok to drink condensate from their gas? Somehow I think not.
But water from an AC is just moisture from the air and is

I guess you never looked in the bottom of a dehumidifier or AC. They are never cleaned and accumulate years of dirt, bacteria or mold. AC drains get clogged by algae or bacteria causing them to overflow. You'd have to be an idiot to give that to a pet as a source of drinking water. Are they automatically going to get sick if they drink it? No. But neither are they sure to die if you let them run around outside and cross the street.
On Sunday, May 6, 2012 7:47:00 PM UTC-4, Metspitzer wrote:

I know our cats drink it. One that died a couple of years ago lived to be 18 years.
Jimmie
On Tue, 8 May 2012 14:21:17 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE

:)

Right! Our first cat never drank the stuff and lived to 21. ;-)

That's a long life for a cat. 15 is generally the limit. I had one that lived to be 16.
On Wed, 09 May 2012 07:00:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

Fifteen is an easy age for an indoor cat to reach. My brother (a veterinarian) has seen a number of 30YO cats. Cars, dogs, and disease are what kill cats. Without those three, they can live a *long* time (as I said, we had one make it to 21).
On Tue, 8 May 2012 14:21:17 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE

But you admit that it died!!. Did you have it checked for air-conditioner-necrosis?
Just kidding.

micky wrote:

Go ahead an laugh! Recent research has shown that those who ate pickles before 1910 are, today, either dead or have white hair and no teeth.
In attempting to discover the relationship, scientists at Rutgers University force-fed five pounds of pickles to laboratory rats. Almost immediately, the test rats developed distended bellies and became lethargic (the already had white hair).
Further research is ongoing.