Water flow (was Water pump on/off every 3 seconds)

I've fixed the immediate problem with my water tank and pump for the deep well. However, the water flow seems very low. It takes 70-75 seconds to get a gallon of water, so the flow is less than 1 gallon per minute. Shouldn't it be a lot higher than this?
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Is that (70-75secs) at every outlet? If so then check : 1st assuming your tank is at least 100+gals, if empty how long for pump to fill tank & shut off ? Longer than 5-10 mins something's wrong w/ pump or intake.If pump fills tank quickly then the problem will most likely be the shut off valve (close to tank) or the check valve also close to the tank. either of those could be defective or worn out. aalthough when pump shuts off, and your outlets are all closed if the pressure gauge shows pressure droping then check valve foor sur is bad.
On 11 Nov 2004 01:14:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Playintennis5274) wrote:

I only tested it at the kitchen sink, but the others seem to be about the same.

It took far less than that to fill it up. It is about a 48-50 gallon tank, took probably 2 minutes or less.

The valve is completely open, but I don't know if it is OK.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Doesn't mean a thing. As we determined earlier in the thread, your tank's waterlogged, which means it already has way too much water in it. No big surprise that it takes less than 2 minutes to fill it the rest of the way. It's *supposed* to be pretty close to empty when the pump kicks on.
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:33:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

But I had drained it before filling it.

Should I pump some more air in?
--
Replace you know what by j to email

No. From what you've said previously, your pressures are just fine. I think Harry may have hit the nail on the head when he suggested that a piece of the broken bladder may be partially blocking the exit from the tank -- water would readily enter, but not so readily exit.
You need a new tank. And they really aren't that hard to put in.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in message (Doug Miller)

<snip>
Yes, he does need more air unless I have lost something. Last I heard he only has 11 psi in there, that is about 1/3-1/4 of what it should be (around 40psi). His pump cycle rate will be way off optimum (I've forgotten what his shut off pressue is).
Harry K
On 12 Nov 2004 06:39:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Harry K) wrote:

After I drained the tank, I pumped it up to 11 PSI. After I put water back in, it compressed the air and now it is at 46 PSI.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Jud McCranie wrote:

pump pressure entering the tank stretch the bladder beyond its designed limits?

I believe that the bladder is already broken, causing the problem originally discussed in the other thread.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

No. A lower precharge pressure than required will stretch the bladder *less* than it was designed for.

Shut off the pump. Drain the tank. Pump it up to 40 psi. Turn on the pump.