Water Flow Regulator

I'm looking for a Water Flow Regulator.

I have a Well that has 1 1/2" Pipe and I want to feed a Tank. Though the Well has become erratic in its water supply and I can easily pump the well dry. I was thinking of waiting till I >need< a new Pump to replace the 1HP pump with a 1/2 HP pump. So in the mean time I want to limit the Flow from the Pump a bit so I don&#39;t pump as much from it.

I think it currently puts out 5-10 GPM. I would like to just limit it to

5GPM. I&#39;ve seen these :
it would be nice to see some Specs on them.

With my 1 1/2" pipe I would hate to have to shrink it down to 3/4" to get a reasonable price unit for 5GPM.

Any other Suggestions?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Delete cross post to u-no-who

Constricting the pump output is a bad idea. What happens will depend on the specifics of the pump but it won&#39;t be beneficial.

You could install a bypass around the pump but that&#39;s wasteful to boot.

May have to live with controlling the cycle time of the pump, but watch out for too-frequent starting.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Get a "Pumpsaver" (Symcom) or equivalent. Set the restart time so that you run about 50% of the time after you have been pumping for a while. The only down side is that it might be a much longer time before you a new pump.

As for "flow regulators", didn&#39;t we used to call them "valves"?

Reply to
M Q

Reply to
ValveJob

What is the best way to restrict the Flow?

Thanks, Scott >

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Reply to