Water Flow Meter

Can someone point me to one, inexpensive, that will read 10-15 GPM?

I nice cheap one with a float and graduations on the side would be nice. Ideally 3/4" but not vital.

Thanks. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

Define inexpensive?? Need a lot more information other than gallons, and pipe size. PRESSURE is required to make a informed decision.

You might want to talk to you local water department and see if they have any meters for sale. Not exactly easy to read small amounts of water.

Reply to
SQLit

At what pressure and over what range (other than full scale) and at what accuracy? What read out?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Is what you are looking for one of those sight glass types with a tapered inner bore and a weighted bob which rises as flow increases?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Exactly, but any other quasi-reliable device would suffice.

Reply to
Jeff Givens

Those may be hard to come by these days, they seem to have been replaced by more exotic designs, but the types with the little paddle wheels in them might be cheap enough for you.

Have you tried the alternate energy newsgroups to see if you can find out what they use on solar water heating systems?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

At this point I'll use any technology (w/in reason) - I've got to monitor this water loop. All the searching I've done has surprisingly yielded virtually nothing. If you know of any devices I am all ears; paddlewheels, sight glass, vortex, anything.

Thx. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

When I Googled "flow meter" and "sight glass" I got zillions of places selling stuff like that.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Yes indeed, but not quite so simple. Most everything is low flow (relatively), or prohibitively expensive. I have perused 100's of google hits, in all permutations of keywords, and not found a single sub-$100 basic device.

I know they are out there, I see them in my travels, I just can't find where to get one.

But one has just popped up in ebay that will be almost perfect, so... _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

Go to mcmaster.com in the search window, type variable area flowmeter

other wise just use flowmeter for a wider array. Many sub $100....many MUCH more expensive also.

Good luck...

Darwin

Reply to
DAC

Been there several times and yet somehow missed them. Just about a perfect match. Thanks. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

try