Water Flow Meter

Can someone point me to one, inexpensive, that will read 10-15 GPM?
I nice cheap one with a float and graduations on the side would be nice. Ideally 3/4" but not vital.
Thanks. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Define inexpensive?? Need a lot more information other than gallons, and pipe size. PRESSURE is required to make a informed decision.
You might want to talk to you local water department and see if they have any meters for sale. Not exactly easy to read small amounts of water.
Jeff Givens wrote:

At what pressure and over what range (other than full scale) and at what accuracy? What read out?
Jeff Givens wrote:

Is what you are looking for one of those sight glass types with a tapered inner bore and a weighted bob which rises as flow increases?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Exactly, but any other quasi-reliable device would suffice. <$100 US is cool, running 30-80 psi.
It a heat pump water loop - even 20% accuracy is sufficient. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Jeff Givens wrote:

Those may be hard to come by these days, they seem to have been replaced by more exotic designs, but the types with the little paddle wheels in them might be cheap enough for you.
Have you tried the alternate energy newsgroups to see if you can find out what they use on solar water heating systems?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

At this point I'll use any technology (w/in reason) - I've got to monitor this water loop. All the searching I've done has surprisingly yielded virtually nothing. If you know of any devices I am all ears; paddlewheels, sight glass, vortex, anything.
Thx. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Jeff Givens wrote:

When I Googled "flow meter" and "sight glass" I got zillions of places selling stuff like that.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Yes indeed, but not quite so simple. Most everything is low flow (relatively), or prohibitively expensive. I have perused 100's of google hits, in all permutations of keywords, and not found a single sub-$100 basic device.
I know they are out there, I see them in my travels, I just can't find where to get one.
But one has just popped up in ebay that will be almost perfect, so... _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."
try www.omega.com

Go to mcmaster.com in the search window, type variable area flowmeter
other wise just use flowmeter for a wider array. Many sub $100....many MUCH more expensive also.
Good luck...
Darwin

Been there several times and yet somehow missed them. Just about a perfect match. Thanks. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."