Water Filters in parallel?

I needed a carbon filter and bought a 2 pack at an auction for $4! Quite a gloat.
Included in the lot were 3 new $40 filter housings. I suppose I could unload them on eBay, but I wonder if I could install them in parallel. I get my water from a well and having two filters across the line doesn't do much for the pressure. I wonder if I put several filters in parallel (keeping a coarse and fine "group" in series) it would improve the output. Or am I overestimating the resistance the filter put on the water flow? Thanks.

Yes, it would improve the output.
And no, you are not overestimating the resistance IF you are talking about a small .5 or 1 micron filter.
Only if you can plumb both/all exactly the same so one doesn't flow sooner of better than the other. Not a good idea IMO.
It's also not a good idea to use carbon on water of unknown microbiological content; IOWs, if you don't know for sure that there is no type of bacteria in the water, not just say Coliform. Bacteria love to live'nbreed in carbon, it provides them a lot of organics that they thrive on.
Gary Quality Water Associates